I feel like I have a secret! But really it is just a deeper understanding of the importance of metadata. Rachel and Andrew have such great knowledge to impart and do it effortlessly. I feel like I can better educate my clients and offer them a wider range of choices in organizing and preserving their photos...
Becky, 2017 Metadata Camp Alum
Day One – Monday, October 22
1 – 5 p.m.
- Introduction: What is metadata? How does it help your clients and add value to your services?
- Workflow: Learn how to efficiently digitize, cull and store photos
- Storage: Learn best practices for cloud storage and local storage of photos
Day Two – Tuesday, October 23
9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Metadata structure: Discover the magic of Taxonomies and Controlled Vocabularies. Geek out with us – it’s fun!
- Search: Discover how metadata speeds up photo retrieval – this adds value to your professional services!
- Demonstrating Value: How to convey to your clients the importance of metadata.
Day Three – Wednesday, October 24
9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Hands on training: Together, we will dive into software solutions such as:
- Photo Mechanic
- Adobe Lightroom
- Cloud Storage: PhotoShelter, SmugMug, Google Photos, Apple Photos, and more…
Eat, Drink & Be Merry about Metadata!
We know learning happens not just in the classroom, but during breaks, over cocktails, in the elevator or over meals. That’s why we encourage you to venture out into downtown Decatur with your fellow campers! We will have time available for conversation, brainstorming, networking and fun.