Fly into Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, the world’s most-traveled airport, with non-stop connections to more cities than any other airport on earth. Yep, 80 percent of the U.S. population lives within a short, 2-hour flight from Atlanta, Georgia!
Metadata Camp has been one of the best investments I have made in my business to date. While my goal for attending the course was simply to improve my current workflow, I came away with a renewed sense of direction for my business, along with a solid workflow and better understanding of my target market.
Janet, 2017 Metadata Camp Alum
Public Transit from the Airport
MARTA, Atlanta’s light rail system, has stops at the airport and downtown Decatur. The MARTA train ride from the ATL airport to downtown Decatur is only 30 minutes.
- The airport MARTA station is located at the western end of the terminal buildings.
- Purchase a Breeze Ticket (not a Breeze Card) at the vending machine.
- Take any northbound train and ride seven stops to Five Points.
- Transfer to an eastbound train toward Indian Creek.
- Ride six stops to the Decatur station.
- As you exit the MARTA station, follow the walking directions outlined in the Google Map.
Ride Share from the Airport
Ride shares start at about $19 from the Airport to Decatur (carpool can be even more affordable).
- Lyft and Uber pick up passengers one level below baggage claim in the domestic terminal. Ride the elevators or escalators down from baggage claim and look for “Ride Share” signs.
- Note: Due to construction at the ATL Domestic Terminal, Lyft and Uber’s pickup area for domestic arrivals has been temporarily relocated to the south economy parking lot, which has resulted in extended waiting times. As an alternative, you can take the ATL Plane Train towards the F Concourse and exit through the international terminal on the arrivals (lower) level, and catch a Lyft or Uber at the designated ride sharing area.
- For more information on ATL’s temporary Lyft and Uber pickup area from the domestic terminals, click here
- While ATL is a large airport, it’s simple and efficient design makes it easy to navigate. The Plane Train connects the domestic terminals on the west side of the airport with the International Terminal at the east side of the airport. Between the domestic and international terminals are all seven concourses. For a map of the terminals and concourses, click here. The domestic terminals on this map are labeled “North” and “South.”
- The address of the Courtyard hotel is: 130 Clairemont Avenue, Decatur, GA 30030